As you may or may not have read, I'm currently experiencing withdrawl from an antidepressant medication perscribe for post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
I know that the PTSD is not what it was when it first came to the 'surface' several years ago, when the medication was first perscribed.
But the addiction/withdrawl is very real.
I think to myself that this medication which was perscribed to suppress megative emotions is most certainly not selective in the emotions it's suppressing.
This being the case, I believe I would be better off without it. And find natural means by which to cope (i.e., exercise, painting and creative expression, playing my flute, etc. [p.s., Ty Nathan.]) with my experiences. Both past and present.
We as a society all to often run for the medicine cabinet or doctor for medications to 'fix' that which ails us. All the while forgetting that we by the nature of our being are healers.
Becoming like drug addicts, we look to our dealer for our next fix.
I'm not stating this to negate the true bennifits of medical science. I am simply saying that we shouldn't forget that which we are by the nature of our being. And that we need to strike a balance.
And speaking for myself, anything which causes an extreme experience of withdrawl is not a good thing.
I choose 'to open my heart and push the limits.'
Here's to a new day.