Thread: "Do Not Submit To Average Habits"

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Default "Do Not Submit To Average Habits"

As you may or may not have read, I'm currently experiencing withdrawl from an antidepressant medication perscribe for post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
      I know that the PTSD is not what it was when it first came to the 'surface' several years ago, when the medication was first perscribed.
      But the addiction/withdrawl is very real.
      I think to myself that this medication which was perscribed to suppress megative emotions is most certainly not selective in the emotions it's suppressing.
      This being the case, I believe I would be better off without it. And find natural means by which to cope (i.e., exercise, painting and creative expression, playing my flute, etc. [p.s., Ty Nathan.]) with my experiences. Both past and present.
      We as a society all to often run for the medicine cabinet or doctor for medications to 'fix' that which ails us. All the while forgetting that we by the nature of our being are healers.
      Becoming like drug addicts, we look to our dealer for our next fix.
      I'm not stating this to negate the true bennifits of medical science. I am simply saying that we shouldn't forget that which we are by the nature of our being. And that we need to strike a balance.
      And speaking for myself, anything which causes an extreme experience of withdrawl is not a good thing.
      I choose 'to open my heart and push the limits.'
      Here's to a new day.

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Very well said, my friend.

I've always felt the same. I have also been on medication for depression in the past and it never tackled the underlying causes and the fact it can create withdrawal is actually quite scary! Sometimes for some people it's necessary if that depression is from chemical imbalances in the brain, or to stabilise people, but the underlying issues must always be addressed. Problem is it costs far less for a doctor to prescribe pills than therapy or counselling, and sadly a lot of therapists and counsellors are so unconscious themselves...!
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

"Open Your Heart and Push the Limits!"

One needs to look no further then oneself - just turn to the mirror of your reflection and you can see the Answers are Within You!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

As someone who lived with two people in my life who had addictions, I know the damage this can do to not only the individual with the addiction but also those around them.
      My heart goes out to those who have been prescribed medication for certain aliments that needed assistance......

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

and we with all our gifts are on board to help.

the symptoms of depression manifest in each sufferer uniquely , can i suggest you start a journal that is aimed at your overcoming this and section it out. i would encourage you to firstly write down what are the symptoms of your depression and being specific. EG. fatigue around 3pm , thoughts of unworthiness etc ..also the highs .
      Because you are in the period of withdrawl from a chemical altering medication these things will change in time . the purpose is to relieve first the symptoms that are causing havoc within you. i would encorage you to back track fromt he manifested syptoms and look at the raw feeligs associated so you may find the spiritual lesson in why you at some stage in your creation set these experiences to occur and at this time with your exact circumstances. please write what you feel they are .

ESSENTIAL OILS : for use in an oil burner to aid int he healing of the sympotoms of depression:

Grapefruit 15 drops
      rosemary 10 drops
      tangerine 7 drops
      geranium 15 drops

all to be used seperately.

for irritability: nutmeg 10 drops sandalwood 8 drops (my first reccomendation) pettigraine 12 drops

AFFIRMATION:

because you are a strong believer in the power of controlling your thoughts i would suggest writing individual affirmations to compliment your healing process for each symptom at each stage of healing. along with why you are grateful for each symptom before you let it go.

example : Irritability : Affirmation: " i am at ease with my being " and i am grateful for this lesson because i have found the way to overcome being irritable because i have embraced my inner calm.

any help you need Micheal Pm ..me and we can work together on this if needed . i like everyone else are here for you xx

also Micheal have you had your mineral levels checked lately .if so what are your magnesium levels ,if they are low i would suggest magnesium supplement or extra boost of greens to boost this as it will be a main factor in increasing your own natural serotonin levels in this healing process.

" BE PRESENT "