• Wtf
  • Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Smoking

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Congrats on your four weeks Elizabeth and good luck to you as well Rana!

I was an on and off smoker. Started at school when I was about 17, peer pressure I guess, then forcibly quit when I was really ill with glandular fever a year later. Then during the midst of a rather turbulent time started again when I was 22, then stopped again when I was about 26, partly because I was dating someone who didn't smoke and felt like a bit of a leper!

I respect people's right to make their own choices.

I remember reading in an article that until the 50s the cigarettes they manufactured weren't necessarily THAT bad for you....but it was around about then that they started filling them with countless different toxins and carcinogens, all designed to make them more addictive and supposedly to alter the taste as well.

If people really want to smoke I'd suggest they made their own cigarrettes with organic tobacco or whatever. That way they could at least be sure they weren't taking in all the crap they pump into commercial ones. I don't know why governments don't simply insist that the manufacturers stop putting in all that junk?

Interestingly smoking is commonplace in many indigenous cultures...in itself I don't think it is an inherently bad thing. What is bad is the way the industry deliberately poisions en masse just to keep people addicted.
      Check out ELADRIA ~ an epic, highly acclaimed fantasy/sci-fi/metaphysical novel!
      "The meaning of human existence is explored in this beautiful, richly and intensely woven tale. The author takes us on the journey of a lifetime.”
      "The most beautiful and thought-provoking book I have ever read."

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Exposition View Post
      .... I respect people's right to make their own choices ....
      I second this completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Lucid Exposition
      .... If people really want to smoke I'd suggest they made their own cigarrettes with organic tobacco or whatever....
      Paul smokes and he 'rolls' or rather makes his own cigarrettes using an 'organic' tobacco made by Native Americans. (The tobacco, actually comes in a really cool tin container.)

.... That way they could at least be sure they weren't taking in all the crap they pump into commercial ones. I don't know why governments don't simply insist that the manufacturers stop putting in all that junk?....
      Another excellent point.

.... Interestingly smoking is commonplace in many indigenous cultures...in itself I don't think it is an inherently bad thing. What is bad is the way the industry deliberately poisions en masse just to keep people addicted.
      Again I agree with you.
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default smoking

Well

I am not a smoker but my ex-husband did himself and group of his friend would meet for card game once a week and what did I get from it a spot on my lungs that is still there today

3 of my children smoke and this is a horrible addiction with the ban here in Ireland we have got use to it.

I was in Spain a few weeks ago and smoking is still allowed in public places it was so strange to have people smoking around me I had a shower later on I could get the smell of cigs when washing my hair did not like smelling like an ash tray.

Everyone to their own as I see how addictive my children are to cigs. My youngest sister has disease of the lungs she is the only smoker in my family of 10 sibling.

is getting there

I am:
      Secret

Blog Entries

My mother smoked fairly light and yet she still got Emphysema! She was told give them up and you may live for another 20 years...don't and you'll be lucky to get another five years! Needless to say she did give up and we got to have her for longer
      My oldest son smokes and my youngest has just given up, thank goodness as his father is seriously ill with a lung disease and is now waiting to get a lung transplant! As it turns out, it seems like a hereditary disease and two other family members have it now.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default back in time a bit

....As most of you probably know smoking tabbacco started with the
      American Indian, but was a scared herb...and as with all things sacred
      abuseing them will lead to trouble - looking at it spritually, if you beleive
      the spirit creates the body, tabbacco related illness may be the result
      of the spirit of the plant opposing it's abuse and conflicting with your
      own spirit.
      I have been shown that the docile plant is a very clever disguise for what
      is a very powerfull spirit, which may heal or which may kill.

P&L,
      DangerBird

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Oh yeah, I recently saw a commercial onthe internet for organic cigarretts. the fact that it is organic will not get me to smoke again. Too hard to quit!

This user has no status.

I am:
      Happy

Quote Originally Posted by SoulChild View Post
      Oh yeah, I recently saw a commercial onthe internet for organic cigarretts. the fact that it is organic will not get me to smoke again. Too hard to quit!
      I second that one. Both hubby and I quit smoking cold turkey shortly after we got married. We just couldn't justify wasting all that money on such a habit. It was the "easiest" thing to cut out of the budget. So we simply decided to not buy anymore. Unfortunately, my husband had nearly two months worth of cigarettes more than I did. So while I was going through all the withdrawl and hissy fits and what say you, he was still puffing away. Albeit he was doing it outside... but I could still smell it. By the end of the third week I was ready to kill someone or myself LOL But that seemed to be the climax of the quit and after that it got easier.. Then he quit in August of 2007 (I quit June 2007) when he ran out and we've been quit since then.

I don't want to go through that major headache again so not one puff EVER.

So far me alone has saved $3,796 by not smoking and that doesn't include Rob's.
      ~Shalott
      "We do not own the earth, we are part of it."
      ~Chief Seattle~

My Blog | Last.fm | Current Weather

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default Well Done

Just saying well done Shalott & Rob
      for kicking the habit but be carefull never say never as this is an addiction my father stoped smoking during the time off 2nd world war never smoked again but my mother made up for it she enjoyed her smokes and was like a mad woman if she ran out and this woman was the most gentle soul and as a child could not understand her behaviour.

Well done again to you and the other half

is Living in my now

I am:
      Meh

Blog Entries

thanks "lucid" ..im still going strong ..so far so good ..i had my session at work for the QUIT program and she said im a "behavioral" smoker (hmm) ..so shes going to get me to see the resident psycologist to devise some techniques to change my behavioral habits related to smoking ..thats next week ..i really am going to do this !!

" BE PRESENT "

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Default treatment

I had a few visits to a phychologist, ummm
      I really gotta say..and you don't ,of coarse, have to listen,
      but really some of them are pretty off beat,
      I will come down to simply your decision,ya know?
      DangerBird.