• Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Enigma 'social song'

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Default Enigma 'social song'

This is pretty cool - to celebrate 20 years of Enigma, Michael is collaborating with fans to create a song together.

Check out http://www.enigmasocialsong.com/

I think it's a great idea, very out of the box. I wish I could sing otherwise I'd contribute, as I have written songs in the past. Oh well - this might still be fun to watch unfold.

It's great to see Michael looking so healthy and seeming so relaxed and happy. His new studio looks very cool, although I'm a bit disappointed that he hasn't used it yet - was kind of hoping a new Enigma album was in the not too distant future. Looks like there's nothing in the works yet.

Super Moderator
      is is busy in the studio!

I am:
      Friendly

Oh ... I am actually happy he hasn't 'used' quite yet ... it seems one key element to a good Enigma album is the time it takes to create it! I've grown used to the anticipated 3 year wait ....

I wish our dear MC a wondeful and magical time with his new 'Merlin' .... god, what cool name, don't you think ... has so many meanings!
      In Loving Memory.
      Lion Spirit Walker / September 17, 1963 - Dec 30, 2014.
      ... All with Purpose ...

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I think this is a great idea! I saw Michael Cretu's message on you tube today. This is so cool! =))

Graphics/Design/profiles Support
      is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Milkyway, Helios, Giya, North America, USA, Iowa, CR
      Blog Entries

Agreed. They had sent me an e-mail about the entire situation and a request for input. :P LOL.
      Oh and it's at You Tube as well.

Growth Through Adversity

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Found this on you tube from the 2010 release...

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Narnia View Post
      Oh ... I am actually happy he hasn't 'used' quite yet ... it seems one key element to a good Enigma album is the time it takes to create it! I've grown used to the anticipated 3 year wait ....
      I'm happy with the 3 year wait as well, but if it's true he hasn't begun work on the next album, having a rough idea of the length of time it takes for an album to be made and released, I'd say it's unlikely we'll see a new release in 2011 Unless of course he's been making it using his Alchemist studio. I do hope there's something in the works at least

Quote Originally Posted by SoulChild View Post
      I think this is a great idea! I saw Michael Cretu's message on you tube today. This is so cool! =))
      Elizabeth it's so great to see you back on here, I've really missed you!! MW hasn't been the same without you

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Spirit Walker View Post
      Found this on you tube from the 2010 release...
      Hmmm...to the best of my knowledge there were no releases in 2010, unless they maybe mean the Platinum Collection set from late last year? I wonder! *scratches head*

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

By the way - there are some videos of people's vocals available to vote for

http://www.enigmasocialsong.com/lang...b=2&comments=1

Hats off to these people! There are a few really nice ones and one in particular I couldn't listen to all the way through and I found it amusing that someone was going for Return to Innocence 2 hehe, but good on them for having a go

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

I broke down last night and voted on what I would like continued with Enigma music.
      Lol. I am soooo0 bad.
      And regarding the 2010 music. Perhaps it was just someones personal mix and they refrained from indicating it as such. Seems to be a lot of that type of behavior on you tube, sadly.
      But I have to admit I thought it sounded good.

Growth Through Adversity

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

I don't know, I don't know ... I just don't know ... attempting to listen to 3 or 4 submissions was making me squirm in my pants ... I just can't bring myself to get involved with Enigma like that ... it's terrible I know, but I just keep thinking of 'American Idol' .... don't get me wrong it's a way cool idea .... but it's just soooo out of the Enigma-tic box .... not that Enigma was ever in a box .... Hm? ... like I said, I just don't know ...

Anyhoo .... methinks it is time to revisit my idea of submitting my Enigma Ambigram to Enigma Management .... now that is something where I could get involved in!! *he-he*
      Attached Images Attached Images
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I love your designs Polly, I remember seeing them before. They would really fit into the recent style of Enigma, especially A Posteriori and Seven Lives Many Faces and I prefer your logo to the current greek letter logo. I'm not sure their policy on assigning artwork, but it wouldn't hurt to try and who knows !!!

There are some, um, not-so-good vocal submissions, but I didn't want to criticise because I admire them for trying. Although as with any contest, I get the feeling that word will get out and wannabe singers and pop stars will submit their entries whether or not they're Enigma fans or have even listened to an Enigma song, just so they can get exposure, I felt that on one or two of the entries...while one or two of the others sounded like drunken dares LOL.

I do think it's a great idea for celebrating Enigma's anniversary, but I don't think I'd like to see this song on the next Enigma album no matter how good it turns out. Michael needs to keep to his own artistic vision. I feel the same about any artist. Collaborations are fine, of course, so long as the artists are in synch. But hopefully this will be a one-off special project and will be kept apart from future Enigma albums.

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

I broke down last night and voted on what I would like continued with Enigma music.
      Lol. I am soooo0 bad.
      And regarding the 2010 music. Perhaps it was just someones personal mix and they refrained from indicating it as such. Seems to be a lot of that type of behavior on you tube, sadly.
      But I have to admit I thought it sounded good.
      It did indeed, *slips on my thick-framed glasses and enters Enigma-geek mode*...the first song in the mix is the Orthodox Mix of Mea Culpa which has been around since the original single release back in the day. It's the version of Mea Culpa that's featured in the Platinum Collection so maybe that's what the announcer referred to. If I'm correct it's also the mix they used in the official video *slips out of Enigma-geek mode*

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

This is so cool! Here's Michael explaining how he's taken the winning vocals (which are good, remind me of Margarita Roig) and is editing and combining them with a beat and harmony. It's fantastic to see him at work, he truly is an alchemist of sound. Even at this extremely early stage, the song is sounding fantastic!

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Oh wow .... I love it!! Spot on Enigma vocals for sure!!

*she secretly swoons and lusts after MC ..... *

[Later Edit]

How about .... 'Diamond in the Rough' for a title .... ? Yes!?
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

LOL Michael is awesome, he comes across as so much more chilled, charismatic and personable than ever before. His passion and love for music really shines through and its exciting. I wonder how they will title the song! I'd have to think about it a bit more before I ventured a title, intriguing sound so far.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

That was cool. I really enjoy the vocal style and the rythym when the drums are in sync.
      Looking forward to it's release.
      I truly appreciate all the releases of Enigma music. Very creative, inspiring, and inovative.
      But as with all forms of art and the artists which create it, I wonder who and what art styles will be favorably remembered 100, 200 years from now.?. I do this as I believe the art we create is our true legacy.

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

That was cool. I really enjoy the vocal style and the rythym when the drums are in sync.
      Looking forward to it's release.
      I truly appreciate all the releases of Enigma music. Very creative, inspiring, and inovative.
      But as with all forms of art and the artists which create it, I wonder who and what art styles will be favorably remembered 100, 200 years from now.?. I do this as I believe the art we create is our true legacy.
      I wonder that too. 99% of the artists out there at the moment are totally disposable and probably won't be remembered in 2 years much less 100. I think the ease of downloading music has made the industry so disposable. People don't seem to take the time to get into music now. If the instantly like something they instantly download it, if not they're onto something that's more instantly catchy or whatever. It's interesting wondering which artists will be remembered down the line - probably the ones that have demonstrated the power of longevity and made a contribution to a specific genre.

I'm not sure if Enigma will be remembered or not. It doesn't have a large mainstream presence these days, although most people are familiar with the name Enigma when it's mentioned. Enigma did have a very pronounced effect on an entire genre however - arguably it even started a new genre of music. So maybe it will have at least a footnote somewhere in music history!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

if you look at music over the eons, the artists that are most remembered are those that have had a social impact. Mozart, for example, was not all that well known by the masses in his time other than on a regional basis. He was more known in "aristocratic" circles internationally. But because he changed the theorectical face of music and took what was once reserved to tell tales of gods and gave it to the common man, he is now one of the most, if not the most revered name in music history.

I think Enigma represents enough innovation and ground breaking and is so tied in to the new age movement by perception that it will be remembered. I say that and Im on record as being somewhat jaded by Enigma's approach to music composition. But the social impact is clear. You needn't look past this forum to see it. Even I cant deny that.

is Quiet

I am:
      Crazy

Blog Entries

Good points and my thanks to you both.
      It does make for interesting thought.
      Peace.

Growth Through Adversity

Forum Moderator
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Blog Entries

Yay - MC presenting the three demos of the social song. I really love the sound of it. It has more than a touch of La Puerta del Cielo to it. I will have to listen several more times before I can pick out a favourite, all three sound great to me.

I think the place to vote is www.enigmasocialsong.com

Super Moderator

I am:
      Friendly

Oh my god ... you can just see MC ... lurves ... the last version!! He has more eye contact with the camera (or with whomever is behind the camera), more body language and not to mention the heavy breathing!!

ps: really don't think I could contain myself if I were in the same room with him!! *he-he*
      In Loving Memory.
      ... All with Purpose ...